January 3, 2009

Where Christmas Trees Go To Die

I dropped off the Christmas tree at the christmas tree graveyard. This particular drop off is mulched and used by the city.

I use to let it bother me that I would spend 70 bucks on a tree that is pretty for less than a month and then ends up in a place like this. Then I realized I spend that much on a tank of gas and it only get me to work a few times. Or I spend that much on food and we all know where that goes... Flush.

So after putting it in perspective, I consider my tree an annual donation to the city. Plus, from its death it nurtures new life. That is more than I can say about the gas I use every day.

BTW - Happy New Year!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher