April 13, 2007

No Golden Ticket Here...

I forgot that I haven't given an update about the techstars application. The short of it is that the answer was pretty much what I expected... "NO!"

OK, they didn't use an exclamation mark. They were in fact very polite with the rejection letter. You know what? It is probably for the best. If I had been selected I would have had to change my blog summary from:


Random thoughts and observations by the creator, owner, and webmaster of TrailCentral.com. A website that makes no money and is all about mountain biking in Colorado. So what is this blog about? It's not about the bike... OK, most the time it is, but sometimes it will be about random stuff I think about or am working on...
to


Random thoughts and observations by the creator, owner, and webmaster of TrailCentral.com. A Colorado mountain biking website that had a bunch of money given to it and now has to prove its worth. So what is this blog about? It's not about the bike... OK, most the time it is, but sometimes it will be about random stuff I think about or am working on...
Which would have been a huge pain in my ass anyways... So it is just as well I didn't get selected. It actually saved me some site maintenance. ;)

In all seriousness, it would have been a great opportunity and I hope those that did get selected take every bit of advantage that the mentors and the network offers.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher