December 12, 2009

TrailCentral.com 2.0 Has Officially Launched Today.

Months and months ago I made the plunge and bought a dedicated server to bring TrailCentral.com out of the world of shared hosting and to breath some fresh air into a site that has been dormant over the past several years.

For months I've been plugging away at the upgrade, working in my basement in the middle of the night in hopes that one day I'd actually be able to launch it. Well, that day has finally come! As of today (12/12/2009) I switched the DNS from my old server to the new server.

Within hours of making the switch, the server crashed. Needless to say, there is a lot of work still to do and TC 2.0 is buggy. The server has since been restarted and even with the growing pains I'm currently experiencing with the new server I still love what I see. The site is cleaner, much of the code has been optimized, I've "End Of Lifed" many of the areas of the old site that I didn't have time to maintain, while adding new features such as rlog to the site.

I'm excited about the new era of TrailCentral and the launch today couldn't have been possible without the help of a couple of good friends: Zach, who without his operations expertise I never would of plunged into the world of dedicated servers and Matt who has really plunged in head first and helped out a lot with the new rlog feature. Thanks guys!

If you have a minute, stop by the site, post a message to the forum, or drop me a line and tell me what you think. You can visit the new site at http://www.trailcentral.com


No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher