September 28, 2008

Epic Ride in Larimer County

Only a week after the epic ride called the Tour de Front Range I again set my sights on another epic day in the saddle. I'd heard of the Blue Sky Trail and how it connects the Devil's Backbone to Lory State Park, but in all the time it has been open I've never made the effort to ride it.



Well, yesterday I decided to make the car trip north and ride it and boy am I glad I did. Not only did I manage to get over 30 miles of dirt riding in, but also nearly five thousand vertical feet of climbing. What a day it was!

I was so excited about yesterday's ride and so tired from it today I took the day off the bike and spent time on the computer documenting it as the October 2008 Trail of the Month on TrailCentral.com. If you want to learn more about the trails I rode I encourage you to read my write-up.

No worries if you don't want to read the details. If you are an executive summary kind of reader then here is the short of what I rode yesterday.

Aerial View:
Trails: Devil's Backbone - Blue Sky Trail - Inlet Bay Trail - Lory State Park - Saw Mill Trail - Mill Creek Trail - Spring Creek Trail - Soderberg Trail - Inlet Bay Trail - Blue Sky Trail - Devil's Backbone.
Track Distance: 30.14 miles
Ascent: 13.28 miles
Descent: 14.00 miles
Flat: 2.86 miles

Elevation Graph
Total Elevation Gain/Loss: +4,766' / -4,691'
Max Elevation: 6,887'
Min Elevation: 5,039'

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher