September 16, 2008

Lance Armstrong, You're invited to 24 Hours of Moab!

I know this is a shot in the dark, but do to Lance Armstrong's recent mountain bike racing in Colorado, I felt compelled to ask him to race with me and hundreds of other mountain bikers at the 24 Hours of Moab in October, 2008.

I'm no detective, but what better training than the Leadville 100 and 12 hours of Snowmass to prime the legs for 24 hours of Moab?

Please, if you have connections to Lance, send him my invitation. I'm guessing he isn't one of the handful of people who subscribe to my blog so it is imperative that the few readers who do subscribe use their Facebook network to get this invitation to him.

Invitation follows:

Dear Lance,

It is great you are back on the bike and even greater that it is a mountain bike! I'm loving the attention you are giving to Colorado and would love to extend an offer to race with me and hundreds of other mountain bikers at 24 Hours of Moab.

24 hours of racing should be an item on every riders "to do" list. Even a 7 time Tour de France Champion's.

I know money probably isn't a factor for you, but if the entry fee is holding you back, I'll pay your entry fee. Or better yet, I'll give a check for the equivalent to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. All I ask is that I'm able to give you the check in person at the event. I need at least a photo to share with my mom, who is a cancer survivor and one of your biggest fans...

Hope to see you there, Lance!


*Photo: Lance Armstrong at 12 Hours of Snowmass
Photo Credit: pilfered from my feedback sports teammate

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher