September 30, 2008

Night Tour of Green Mountain

I met up with my teammates on Feedback Sports tonight to do a night ride at Green Mountain. The ride was fast as should be expected given that some of the fastest guys in the state are riding for the team. For me, this was the first real tempo ride I've had in months. My riding style is long and slow, baby. That's how I roll...

Post ride I'm glad to be able to say - with 24 Hours of Moab only a couple weeks away - my form is coming around real good. I was able to keep a good pace on the climbs and was even able to push the pace a bit on the flats and descents.

The best part of tonight's ride is that I pushed the limit a couple times and I felt pretty used up when I got to the finish of the ride, but after only a couple minutes my mind quickly started to say, "Please Sir, may I have some more." Oh yeah, that is a good sign!!!

Executive Summary of tonight's ride follows:

Aerial View:
Track Distance: 15.47 miles
Ascent: 5.84 miles
Descent: 5.82 miles
Flat: 3.80 miles

Elevation Graph
Total Elevation Gain/Loss: +2,380' / -2,405'
Max Elevation:
6,843'
Min Elevation: 5,039'

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher