December 19, 2007

Take It On A Spin

Wanted to share my most recent CD purchase, which has been getting a lot of spin time in my CD player. The new CD by Ryan Adams called Easy Tiger has been on my "should I get this" list for a while. I've heard a couple of his songs (Two, Everybody Knows) played repeatedly on KBCO for the last couple months. This past weekend I made the decision to buy it.

I've been putting it in my various players these last couple days in an effort to listen to the entire disc. I do this because I don't want the CD to listen to two songs. I want to be able to stick it in the player, forget about it, and enjoy it.

After the first couple plays I was a bit concerned that I wasn't going to like it. However, I've listened to it 6 times now and each time I've enjoyed it more. I have a feeling this will be a regular for a while.

Next on my list is Strangers Almanac by Whiskeytown (also Ryan Adams). A friend/co-worker saw Easy Tiger on my desk and offered Strangers Almanac. He praised it as one of his favorite albums of all time. With that kind of praise I'm going to have to take it on a spin.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher