April 6, 2008

Tuesday Night Rides. Will You Be There?


It is Spring and if you are anything like me, it hasn't come a moment too soon. I stopped enjoying my workouts on the indoor training sometime in mid-December. Since then I've noticed my workout habits and appearance resemble that of Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Obsessed with "My precious" bike as I dwell in a dark basement; my skin becoming a pasty white from a lack of sun...

The trails are starting to dry out and more importantly the group rides are starting to roll. Now is the time to adjust your eyes to the sunny Colorado skies and join a group ride. It will allow you to get some sun on your skin, enjoy the company of others, and start the year of right by getting into the pack and improving with them instead of trying to catch up later on.

This year I'm riding with a team called Feedback Sports and Every Tuesday at 5:30 the team will be riding trails in the Golden area. The starting location will be at Big Ring Bike Shop in Golden, which means there will be some pavement to ride before hitting the dirt. It is important to note that the ride pace will be based on who shows up. If enough people show up I'm sure the pack could easily be broken into two groups (fast/slow).

I know it can be very intimidating when trying to join a new cycling group. I'm afraid cycling packs can be very clique-ish. I want to assure you that the Feedback team does have fast riders, but everyone of them are nice, patient riders, who are willing to ride with all types. I'm hoping by writing this I'll encourage some of the beginner/intermediate riders to show up.

If you are fast or slow, I hope you will join the team as we ride into shape together and hopefully make a few friends along the way.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher