March 23, 2008

I'm On A Roll... Actually, A Mountain...

I'm on a roll. Actually, A mountain, but you'll get my point when I take the time to explain.

I've just posted the second Trail of the Month for 2008, which given my record over the past year is an amazing accomplishment. For some reason in 2007 I only posted one Trail of the Month. So I believe that makes it a "Trail of the Year," but lets not get caught up in semantics.

I have a New Years resolution to write one more write-up than last year. I'm not the type to set myself up for failure by expecting myself to write twelve even though that would make it a true "Trail of the Month."

Well, I've officially met my goal and the pressure is off. Anything posted beyond this is icing on the cake. Having met this goal and not having anything more to prove to myself makes it more likely that I'll continue to post future Trail of the Months. I don't know if you are anything like me, but I tend to perform better when there are no expectations to live up to.

Having said that, the roll will continue from here. But before I get ahead of myself I think it is important to bask in the glory of my accomplishment by letting you know what I wrote about this month.

A couple weeks ago I stood on the top of Mt Bierstadt with my buddy, Dwight. This 14er is located in Clear Creek County and is the subject of the March 2008, Trail of the Month.

As I said, by standing on top of the mountain I'm able to say I'm on a roll. A roll I hope will continue. Time will tell.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher