March 3, 2008

Oh Yeah, It's Winter...

Last Friday I had the absolute joy of riding my bike during lunch. The weather was in the mid 60s, there was no wind, and there was no excuse for not riding.

I hopped on my bike to say hello to my old friend, The Dirty Bismark. As I rode I soaked up the sun and enjoyed the hard packed trails and dirt roads that would give me an hour of peace during the middle of my day.

As my route headed on the dirt road (a.k.a Coalton Trail) I assumed the most likely places for wet and snow were behind me. I was wrong. This trail must get a lot of drifting snow. This section, which I thought was going to be extremely fast and dry, turned into the slowest part of my ride.

The pace didn't bother me, but the snow drifts did snap me out of my thinking that spring had sprung. It is still winter until March 20th, 2008. And to drive that point deep into my head, Mother Nature gave me one more day of record breaking temperatures (70+) on Saturday and slapped me in the face with a winter warning that brought cold temperatures, snow and wind on Sunday (less than 12 hours later.)

Crazy Colorado weather... Gotta love it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher