March 13, 2008

I Can Ride My Bike With No Handle Bars...

Over the past several weeks I've gotten in the habit of letting you know what song or album is getting a lot of play time on my player. I don't plan on breaking the habit this week.

This week a Denver band called Flobots is spinning, er... humming?... buzzing?... What in the hell does a song being played on a flash memory stick do?! I easily get off track...

Back to my point; I recently downloaded the Flobots song, Handlebars. When I played it for my wife she laughed and said, "You just like it because it has a bicycle reference in it." I shook my head and said, "That is what makes the song great, but even without the bicycle reference this song has strong lyrics and rhythm. I like it."

If you were listening to CAKE a decade ago, like I was, you'll notice that the first half of this song has a sound very similar to CAKE, which is probably a lot of the reason I like it as much as I do.

I've attached a video of the song if you haven't heard it yet. Enjoy!



No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher