June 3, 2008

Burned in my memory forever...

I use to race road bikes and I use to volunteer my time to marshal at road races. While participating in those activities I always had a legitimate fear of the possibility of what is seen in this image.

This image is of a horrible accident that recently happened on June 2nd down in Matamoros, Mexico as a 28 year old, drunk driver, fell asleep at the wheel and plowed through the front of a race pack.

One rider died in the accident and 10 others were injured. Looking at the picture I am amazed that only one rider died.

As I said in my title, this is one of those images that will stay with me for a while.

You can read more by reading this article in the Washington Post:
Car plows into bike race in Mexico, 1 dead

*(AP Photo/Jose Fidelino Vera Hernandez)





No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher