June 16, 2008

Fathers Day...

Yesterday was Fathers Day and when I went downstairs to make coffee I was suprised to find three new books next to the coffee maker and a full pot of coffee already made. As I stood there and read the cover of one of the books my son quietly walked up next to me and stood there silently. When I broke my attention away from the book and looked down at him he captured my attention with his big blue eyes and in his most endearing tone said, "Happy Fathers Day and I love you, Daddy."

I don't know if you have ever had the opportunity to have every heart string pulled at the same time by unconditional love, but that tug on your heart is what will make a grown man cry for apparently no reason and will create a bond stronger than anything which can be imagined.

I scooped him into my arms and gave him a great big hug. While I hugged him I cataloged the moment and hoped when the time comes that I need to leave this life this moment will flash before my eyes once again.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher