February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day Gift For My Wife

I'm not an overly romantic man and Valentine's Day has never been a holiday that shows up on my holiday radar. However, this year my wife has been on a mission to make me a more romantic man. For the past two weeks she has been reminding me of the coming holiday and post scripted the reminders with a little guilt. She would say "I got you something special!"

Ugh! I didn't have a clue as to what to do for her this holiday until the mid point of the holiday. She stopped by my office and told me about a great song that she heard on the radio. She told me how the lyrics sounded so much like us and how she was going to find out who sang it. I asked her for a couple lyrics to see if I knew what it was. She sang some of the song and I had no idea.

When I went back to my desk I typed the lyrics she sang to me into Google. God Bless that search engine! :-) I found out the group was Snow Patrol and the song she had to have was called Chasing Cars.

After work I swung by the music store and picked up the CD. Needless to say, it was a huge success of a gift!

She quickly put it in the CD player and played the song for me. It quickly became a favorite of mine as well.

"If I lay here, If I just lay here. Would you lay with me and just forget the world"

Those lyrics, which are part of Chasing Cars was great advice for both of us that evening. In a time when our minds don't shut down because of the hustle and bustle of the day, it is easy to forget to take time to lay next to the person you love and just forget the world.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher