February 1, 2007

Wear a Medal as an Accessory

Today while I was getting a cup of coffee at work a co-worker walked into the kitchen wearing a medal around his neck. I only know the name of this co-worker and I really have no idea what his personality is like. Though at first it struck me as slightly odd that he was wearing an IronMan medal around his neck. I didn't ask him about his medal. Instead, like most others around me I speculated as to why he was wearing it.

This is what I speculated...
1. He's being arrogant and this is his flamboyant way of showing off.
2. He's not being arrogant, maybe he's being goofy.
3. Maybe he is really proud of his accomplishment and it was just collecting dust on his wall. Why not wear it?
4. Maybe he is stressed or life is getting him down a bit and wearing that medal takes his mind of it.

There are truly a hundred different possibilities and after thinking about them I couldn't help but be impressed that he chose to wear his medal as an accessory today.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher