July 22, 2008

Executive Decision by Sportif Dictator Regarding VCC

In Europe we refer to them as directeur sportif. In English that translates to sporting director. For the sake of the VCC I'm giving myself the title "sportif dictator." Properly defined the word dictator means, "a ruler who is unconstrained by law," which for the purpose of the VCC I am.

My first executive decision as the sportif dictator of the VCC was made today. Because I'm starting this tour mid season I had to think of a reasonable way to level the playing field between the MSC and WP. To accomplish this I decided that the same number of races from each event had to be accounted for in the overall series. This means I needed to modify the original tour schedule outlined in yesterdays post.

All six races from the WP series will be counted and only six of the MSC races will be counted in the VCC.

These races have been eliminated from the series:
April 12 -- Rabbit Valley Time Trial
May 3 -- Chalk Creek Short Track
May 26 -- Chile Challenge Cross Country
August 3 -- Sol Survivor

Leaving these races as the official races of the VCC:
April 13 -- Rabbit Valley Cross Country (MSC)
May 4 -- Chalk Creek Cross Country (MSC)
June 14 -- Hill Climb Kick-Off (WP)
June 22 -- Wildflower Rush Cross Country (MSC)
June 29 -- Cross-Country (WP)
July 13 -- Blast The Mass Cross Country (MSC)
July 19 -- Valley Point-to-Point (WP)
August 2 -- Crankworx Colorado Cross-country (WP)
August 16 -- Mountain Circuit (WP)
August 24 -- Eldora Escape (MSC)
August 30 -- King of the Mountain (WP)
September 7 -- Fall Classic (MSC)

I was a little disappointed I had to eliminate the TT from the schedule because what good tour doesn't start with a prologue? Well, maybe I'll find a way to add it in 2009, but for now it will have to be left out by order of the sportif dictator.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher