August 17, 2008

Longs Rides In My Future...


I have two (possibly three) big endurance rides coming up in the next couple months, which I badly need to prepare for. First on the list is the 2008 Tour de Front Range, which if you squint slightly while looking at the elevation graph above, you should be able to see the first two major climbs of the TdFR in there. I've been riding the single speed exclusively this summer and I'm pretty excited to say I'll be riding it for the TdFR. If I finish, I'll be the second person in TdFR history to finish it on a single speed. The first and only single speed finisher to date is Chris.

The second is 24 Hours of Moab. I'll be part of a two man team this year with my good friend, Dwight. I couldn't ask for a better person on a bike to ride a duo with. Since grade school we have always been able to push each other to the limits on our bikes. I think we'll make each other ride to and beyond our limits at Moab.

The third possibility is the 12 Hours of Snowmass. My 24 Hour of Moab teammate from last year sent me an email about the race yesterday. I was stoked to see it and thought it could be a good prep ride for both the TdFR and 24 Hours of Moab. However, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it since it is such short notice. However, the Solo Clydesdale Category is coined as the 12 Hour Solo Clydesdale World Championships!!! I mean, how can I resist that?

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher