January 26, 2007

Hike: Mount Sanitas - Boulder County, Colorado

A couple weekends ago I was able to get out of the house for a hike. Getting out has been a bit of a challenge. The Colorado Front Range has had either extreme snow or temperatures for the past 5 weeks.

The purpose of the hike was to get a
Trail of the Month. I chose Mount Sanitas in Boulder, CO as the TotM. My website is about mountain biking and this trail is a hiking only trail.

So why did I pick it?

1. It is in Boulder, which means every foot trail is going to be nicely packed. This is because Boulder is full of athletes and nature lovers. The idea of these types of people staying inside is, no matter the condition, is crazy!

2. There aren't any trails that are ride able along the Front Range this time of year.

3. I truly enjoy the outdoors! It doesn't matter if I'm biking, hiking, or running, just being outside in Colorado is Fantastic!

I've uploaded nine of my favorite imges. You can check them out at the TrailCentral Gallery.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher