January 26, 2007

Movie: WalMart - The High Cost of Low Price

I highly recommend this movie for anyone that is curious about the business ethics and practices of WalMart. Granted, this is a one sided movie that gives you about a thousand reasons to hate WalMart, but to be honest it levels out the playing field since WalMart spends millions on showing commercials during prime time about how they "Buy American" and how they are a "Great Place to Work."

This is a documentary that not only shows the impact that WalMart has on Ma & Pa shops in Rural USA, but also gets an inside look at how the "Associates" of WalMart are compensated and treated.

This touches my life a bit closer than others because I have a father that works for WalMart and every time I hear about what he makes and how hard he works, it makes me sick!

I've shopped WalMart and I've done case studies on this company before, during my days in college. For some reason I continued to shop there. However, the more I learn about this company, the more I do not wish to spend my money there!

Movie Website:
WalMart - The High Cost of Low Price



Rating: Thumbs Up

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher