January 29, 2007

Movie: Lake House

During this past weekend I sat back with a movie called "Lake House." The story follows the lives of a Dr. that lives in the year 2006 and an Architect that lives in the year 2004. Both are tenants of a house that was built on the lake; each living in the same house at different period of time. Aparently, the mailbox that stood in front of the Lake House was a portal between the two times and the two main characters meet by writing each other letters.

The movie is constantly jumping between two moments in time, tracking the Dr. in 2006 and the Architect in 2004. and left me trying to figure out the puzzle as to when/if they will meet.

The movie in total spans from 2004-2006 for the Architect and 2006 - 2008 for the Dr. Trying to figure out who the movie was focusing on, then doing the math to try to figure out when it was, got a bit complicated by the end. I actually had to rewind it to certain points several times to make sure that Hollywood wasn't using some artistic license in their story telling. To my suprise and satisfaction everything fit.

For viewers that that don't mine a lot of jumping around in a movie and are able to keep track you'll enjoy this movie. I appreciated the idea of the story and actually enjoyed the movie... after rewinding it a several times. If I had seen it in a movie theatre; I wouldn't have enjoyed it. For those of you that like movies to be chronological, such as my father-in-law, I would not recommend it.

btw - this is a chic flick and most of my buddies wouldn't enjoy it for that reason, but when I got past that fact and realized I'm not watching it with my buddies, but my wife, I found it to be romantic and enjoyable.

Rating: Thumbs Up

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher