March 20, 2007

Lookout Mountain Hill Repeats...

I have a whole new respect for you if in your head you said "Bullshit!" I didn't do repeats. Lets forget the fact that it is a Tuesday after work ride. Lets focus on the fact that I rode it only once and that one time was more than enough for me. It wasn't my best ride. In fact it was probably one of my least "best" rides. Lets diagnose the problem, shall we?
  1. Last week my road bike kicked the dust and I can't afford to get it fixed. That is the problem with having multiple bikes, one of them always needs work!
  2. Since my road bike kicked it, I've spent my evenings working on the new blogging referral tool at TrailCentral, rather than putting in a couple extra hours of riding.
  3. Today was the Big Ring group ride. It started two weeks ago and my team (Feedback Sports) is the team that leads the ride. Basically, this means until word gets around a bit about the ride, and more than just the Feedback team shows, the ride is going to be ridden by mostly expert riders. A great bunch of guys, but punishers on the bike.
  4. Previously said point 1 left me without a road bike to ride on Lookout, which means the DEAN Ti MTB was the steed of the day for me.
  5. The previously said point 2 left another 5 lbs on my ass because I was working on the computer, rather than putting time in on the bike. I'll be doing a happy dance once I get below 200 lbs again. This has been a long winter and I got super lazy and packed on some serious poundage. My first race is in June and I have until then to get back down to the 180s. We'll see if I can do it.
  6. Previously said point 3 left me, the fatty, riding my fat tire ride up lookout with a group of expert riders on road bikes. It was a recipe for disaster...

Would I do it again. Yes. In fact, I plan to next Tuesday at Big Ring.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher