March 19, 2007

My ride is bad ass!


While riding today I started to take inventory of my ride...

Today I was riding the Surly 1x1. The bike is a bitch. I say that knowing that a bike is the only thing you can call a bitch and still expect a great ride from it, but that is for another post...

Truly, the bike has attitude. Her frame is jet black (yes, my bikes are female). Black as in outlaw. Hell, even the name, Surly, throws out attitude. On the downtube there is a sticker that reads "One Gear, More Beer." Move the eyes to the top tube and you get to see my enthusiasm for single speeding with a sticker that reads "
Fuck That Shift." An awesome sticker that my bike wears like a medal of honor. On the paint is a fine layer of red dust. Dust that got picked up while riding in Moab last month. I refuse to wash my bike because I don't want it to loose the look of being ridden hard. It suits the bike and all the attitude it emits.

Now if you move the eyes to the rear triangle you'll see a clamp. On that clamp is a trailer hitch that leads to a bright yellow and blue rumble seat where my son sits . The trailer comes complete with an orange warning flag and reflectors. My son is so proud of his ride! Under his red helmet is a grin from ear to ear as we cruise along the local bike paths... me on my bad ass ride, and he in his...

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher