March 1, 2007

Music: The Fray - How To Save A Life

I purchased a CD for my wife a couple weeks ago call "The Fray." This is a Denver band that has finally made it onto my radar. Their sounds is pretty good and fits the musical style that my wife and I are listening to these days. As a side note - I'm stoked to say that my wife and I actually have a musical style. If you were to look at our music collection that we've collected in the last decade you would say that we are rather eclectic in our taste. Not to mention we stopped buying CDs nearly 5 years ago, so some would also say our collection is a bit dated. Say what you will, I've slowly started to purchase CDs that we enjoy and the recent purchases are certainly starting to show a musical style.

In any case, The Fray has a great sound. The thing about their music is that it oddly all sounds the same. I don't know how else to explain it. If you like one of there songs, you are most likely going to like the entire album. Same can be said if you dislike one of their songs. You'll probably not like any of them.

I wouldn't say that it is my favorite or that even second favorite album, but it does help in the quest to update the CD collection and it makes for some good listening at home, in the car, or at work!

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher