January 24, 2008

Trainer Challenge

A year ago today I wrote about how I completed my indoor trainer challenge. It was an elaborate way of breaking the winter time training blues. I opted to ride my trainer in the pitch dark with no clock for a minimum of 90 minutes. If I checked the clock before the 90 minutes was complete I would penalize myself with more time on the trainer. Full details about my challenge and why I did it can be read here.

Well, I have been completely outdone. A year after I posted my own indoor challenge I catch wind of a rider far crazier than I was. He may not have been riding in the dark, but he rode his new rollers for 100 miles! It is a great write-up and worth reading.

That got me thinking... I was planning on doing a century before the end of February. I could do it on my rollers... Maybe in the dark??? Yeah, right! The hundred miles... maybe. In the dark... I'm not that crazy!

We'll see what the next few weeks bring.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher