January 15, 2008

Finally Using The Feedback Scale

I've had a Feedback scale sitting in my office for the last year. To be honest, I never found a need for it. I'm not a weight weenie. I'm not the type that will spend a bunch of money to save a gram. I figure, I'm a guy of over 200 lbs; who am I to put judgment upon my bicycle and try to cut weight from it when I could stand to loose 15 lbs...

These last couple weeks I've been putting a lot of time into my basement to get a spot set up to work on my bikes. I now have an area to work on my bikes and hanging from my ceiling is the Feedback scale that had been sitting in my office for so long.

The first thing I weighed was my mountain bike wheel set. I nearly shit myself when I saw how heavy my wheels are. That started the landslide and soon I was weighing everything... including the amount of mud I scraped of my single speed bike.

This thing is addictive and thankfully I'm thus far keeping my senses about me. I have no doubt that bike weight will become a more conscious part of my maintenance, but the focus is still on losing the weight on me before becoming too obsessed with what the bike scale says about my bike.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher