January 29, 2008

I May Need An Extension...

This past November I was sub 200 lbs and I predicted that by January 31st I would decide if I would be racing Clydesdale or Sport during the 2008 summer. Well, I may need an extension on that.

I'm currently more involved in my cycling than in previous years, but the time between Thanksgiving and New Years brought with it a lot of celebrating and of course the celebrating brought a lot of drinking and food, which brings me to my point. I'm no longer sub 200 lbs and I'm at a cross roads on whether I want to drop below 200 lbs this summer or not.

My reasons...

1) I'm a tall guy and I actually look pretty healthy between 200-210 lbs. I have no dreams of going pro so I'm not sure I want to starve myself to get sub 200 to compete with the little guys.

2) I've made several good friends in the Clydesdale pack and they are fast. I had a lot of fun with the competition last year.

3) I have a buddy that has just gotten back into racing after a several year hiatus. I have no doubt he'll be racing Clydesdale and I'd love to race with him this summer... Just like old times.

So...

I'm going to extend my January 31st deadline to decide if I want to keep on the weight or try to loose it. If I do a lot of riding there is a good chance I'll drop below it anyways, which means I'll need to bulk up at the gym to try to put on some extra weight. Something I'm not against doing, but the extra effort may be more than I want to commit to.

Ah, decisions, decisions. Hopefully, I'll figure it out in the next month or two. The important thing is that I'm planning on racing in 2008!

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher