February 19, 2008

Not So Simple, Simple Request...

Two nights ago my wife asked me to do something that at the time seemed very simple. She simply asked me to pick five of my favorite photos, which didn't include the family and email them to her. Having said that, she left my office and I started to think.

Assuming she wanted a quick turn around time I browsed my photo library and sent her 5 images that I really liked and emailed them to her. Shortly after I sent her the photos she came back to my office and said, "Why are these your favorites?" I couldn't respond. Then she said, "I know you've taken better pictures than these. You don't have to rush. Pick your favorite five photos and send them to me."

That simple request has got me looking at my photo albums archive with a much closer eye. Close enough to realize that one of my photos was used on a fellow blogger's post today. I'm flattered, truly.

Back to my point. While looking at the images I emailed my wife I realized the photos are not what I loved, but the memories the images provoke is what I loved.


As I shift through the archive I'll be posting images to this blog of those photos that I really like. If I have a memory associated with it I may blog about it or I may not.

This may take a while as I'm of the thinking that if I take a lot of pictures at least one of them will come out OK.

I have a lot of pictures to look through.

*Photo: Boulder Flatirons taken July 1, 2007

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher