February 18, 2008

I've made a decision...

A while back I wrote about how I needed an extension on determining if I would race Sport or Clydesdale this year. I've been extremely unfocused over the past two weeks, which may have contributed to my decision, but I did put some time into thinking about what I wanted to race in the coming 2008 season.

And my decision is... Clydesdale.

In all honestly, the decision wasn't that difficult. I still like to think of myself as a dedicated athlete, but the truth of the matter is I love racing, but my priorities are being a father, husband, employee, and website owner far before a racer.

Plus, my love for mountain biking stems from riding and not from racing. I want to enter this season with that understanding. If I want/need to skip a race or not train for a day (or a week) I don't want to feel guilty about it.

This said, I still plan on racing and I am a competitive person by nature, so you Clydesdale racers at Winter Park, plan on racing hard! I plan on giving it my all when I am on the race course.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher