February 5, 2008

What A B.R.A.T...

My stomach has been giving me issues this last week. At first I thought it was my diet, but then I remembered I'm a Clydesdale cyclist and the strongest part of my body is my stomach... It must be a virus of some sort.

It has been gripping my stomach hard for nearly a week and I've been forced to cut back on the spicy foods and stick to the B.R.A.T. diet.

For those that are unfamiliar with the B.R.A.T diet:

Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast

All the foods that are part of the B.R.A.T. diet are very easy on the stomach. This evening my stomach was feeling a bit better and I made a very yummy rice, turkey, and black bean mush that my wife invented several months ago. It may not sound good, but it was delicious!

For those interested in trying something new...

2 Cups Whole Grain Rice
4 Cups Water
2 Tablespoons Butter
4 Teaspoons Chicken Bouillon
1 lb Ground Turkey
1 Can Black Beans

Mix the whole grain rice, water, butter, and bouillon into a saucepan and allow to cook for 50 minutes. In a separate pan; fry the ground turkey and add the beans when the meat is cooked. Once rice is ready; mix the meat and beans into the rice and serve.

Yummy!!!!

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher