August 3, 2007

Give Me A Head Start, Please...

Why, oh Why, couldn't my start time be one row lower!!! Ok, so tomorrow will be the longest race of the season to date and I'm a bit scared.

The beginners will be doing 17.25 miles while everyone else will ride 24 miles, including the clydesdale Men.

To be completely honest, this will be the longest distance I will have ridden on dirt the entire year. Plus, I hear there is a ton of climbing. Not what I wanted to hear from my teammates.

At the end of the last race, one of the riders in my category said that he believes that riders who have pre-ridden the course can easily knock two minutes off their time. I believe that. The only course I've pre-ridden this season was #2, which happens to be my best result of the series.

So, that being said; I would like to ask those who have pre-ridden the course to please sit back and allow those of us that haven't a two minute head start.

Please, I'll really, really, need it...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep, it is going to be an interesting race. I did a pre-ride, but a good part of it was wrong, so I don't have a good feel for it beyond the elevation profile that the added to the website. Weather could be a factor too, at least it won't be hot!

5280 Brady said...

The race was fun, the weather was perfect (overcast), and the course was probably the best of the series.

Bill, you pre-rode the course, but even with the two minute head start, you still would have beat me! Well done!

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher