August 16, 2007

How Pennies Turn Into Air

If you haven't visited my website, TrailCentral, you should. But when you do, don't just look at the content. Go ahead and look at the ads too.

Why you ask?

Because the great people of the world who have visited my site, opened their eyes to the advertisements, and clicked them have dropped a few pennies in the virtual tip jar.

The cool thing about those pennies is that after a while they start to add up to dollars. Those dollars in turn add up to an amount that meets the minimum amount of money that Google feels is necessary before cutting a check to an ad publisher (a.k.a. TrailCentral).


So where am I going with this?

Well, the virtual tip jar was recently cashed in and delivered to me as a real check from Google. Thank you, everyone that has tipped me.

How do pennies turn into air?

Well, I could go spend the money on bike parts. Believe me, I could use them. Let's just say I'm glad the end of the season is coming because my bike needs some serious work and it will take a winter of savings and shop work to get it back into shape for the 2008 season. But I'm not going to spend it on that.

Instead, I'm cashing the check and buying new trees. Trees that will produce wonderful oxygen and a shady spot. So you see? Your pennies are literally turning into air. Yeah, I know... That sounds so Boulder, CO of me.

However, I wanted to still be frugal since this wasn't a huge check. So I found out that the Tree Farm is running a promotion of buy one get one free this weekend. I'm very excited about this! As a matter of fact, I'm heading there in just a few minutes to go pick out my trees.

Thank You!

Thanks to all of you that have looked beyond the content on TrailCentral and clicked on the ads.

No comments:

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher