August 30, 2007

WP Courses Will Be Represented on TrailCentral

My current project involves a colaberative effort, which is always fun to work on.

I recently posted about a simple tool that converts KML to GPX because I had a problem reading a file that a friend sent me of the King of the Rockies race course, which I raced last weekend.

I was overjoyed when a community member piped up and wrote that he had uploaded all his GPS data to MotionBased. He also included that I was welcome to use them to create maps on TrailCentral.

I was of course thrilled and started thinking. After thinking about cake for 15 minutes; I never said I started thinking about something relavent; I wrote an email to the WP Competition Center.

I asked if I could republish their course descriptions on TrailCentral along with the new maps I was creating. My email got forwarded to Jon, the race director, and we ended up exchanging several emails. Long story short, Jon is a great guy and allowed me to repuplish his trail descriptions on TrailCentral.

Last night I started the project and I got two of the six courses posted to TrailCentral. Between the GPS data supplied by Curt and the trail descriptions from EpicSingletrack; I have no doubt that the Winter Park MTB Series courses will be well represented on TrailCentral.

I'm still thankfull for the generosity of Curt and Jon. What may seem like small contributions to them are not to me. Their generosity is well received and it made my day.

Thanks guys!

What I have currently posted:
Hill Climb Kick-off
Mountain Circuit

1 comment:

Chris said...

I'm pretty sure I have every race on GPS as well in GPX format. Let me know if you need them.

"Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth."
~Margaret Thatcher